Featured solutions 234 Views How do I import tickets from an email account via IMAP / POP3?
Support addresses can be configured to import emails using IMAP/POP3. Once you configure, customer emails will automatically be imported to Deskero and converted into Tickets.
Adding an email account using IMAP:
- Login to Dashboard. Then go to Settings → Email settings → Email accounts
- Look for the big green button + Add account on the right and click it
- Select Standard ( IMAP/POP3)
- Insert the email address you wish to import
- Click on Connect account to authorize Deskero to access it. By clicking it you'll get access to a more detailed panel where you'll need to fill in all your account details:
- Your support email address,
- Your email account’s User name (in case your email provider requires you to use a username different from your email address),
- Your email account’s Password,
- Your Server name and Protocol to import emails
- Do not forget to check the Import attachments check box on the right, if you need it!
- You can also configure specific keywords to customize your import: emails will be filtered based on their contents and only those containing specific words will be imported. This will become quite handy when setting up contact forms on your website.
- Then specify the ticket type, the ticket group and the ticket area that will be automatically assigned to the message when the email is converted into a ticket.
- Make sure to specify the Agent or Agent group to whom you want the tickets to be assigned
- You can test your IMAP / POP3 connection using Test connection and hit Confirm to save the settings
Voilà! Your support email address is ready and you can now ask your customers to submit their queries by email.
If you still have doubt about this setting you should get in touch with your email provider, and ask for further assistance. Also, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- In the above example, we have configured Zoho mail account selecting Protocol → IMAP. To configure your support address via POP3, choose the protocol as POP3s.
- If you want to use your Gmail account as a support address, you won’t enter all the email server details: Deskero will automatically recognizes and configure the settings (protocols etc.) for you.
Just login to your Gmail account and authorize Deskero to access it when prompted
Here's information for setting up email forwarding with a few other email providers:
Take a look at this article for more information on how to use the other Forward to Deskero Mail instead of IMAP/POP3.