80 Views Desktop Notifications
Desktop Notifications alert users when there is a new ticket, a ticket reply or a chat message. When desktop notifications are activated, agents and customers will receive notifications on their desktop.
How do I activate Desktop Notifications?
To activate Desktop Notifications,
- Login to your Support portal
- Navigate to Settings, click on System notifications under "Business rules"
- Scroll down to the section Send a desktop notification when
- Check notifications that you want to send
- Click Confirm to save settings
This is how desktop notifications looks like:
- a ticket is opened: Customer receives a notification when a new ticket is opened ( by himself or an agent on his behalf)
- there's a reply to a ticket: The system alerts the customer when agents reply to his tickets
- there's a new chat message: Customer gets an alert every time a message is sent by the agent whom he is having a conversation with
- a ticket is opened: Agent receives notification when a new ticket is assigned to him
- there's a reply to a ticket: The system alerts agent when there is a new reply added by a customer whose ticket he is dealing with
- there's a new chat message: Agent gets an alert every time customer pings
- there's a new ticket to assign: All agents will receive a notification when there is a new ticket to assign
- there's a new ticket to assign: Team leader (who leads an agent group) will receive a notification when a new ticket is routed to his group
- You need to have your support portal open in your browser to receive desktop alerts
- Make sure you enable desktop notification when prompted by your browser
- You can deactivate a notificatons that you don't want just by unchecking the check box