Using Forward to Deskero mail account, you can automatically forward your customer emails to Deskero, where they’ll be imported and converted into Tickets without using standard IMAP/POP3 protocols. For example, you can forward all emails from your support email id firstname.lastname@example.org to Deskero.
Setting up Forward to Deskero mail account:
- Login to Deskero Dashboard, navigate to Settings → Email accounts
- In the page All email accounts → click the big green button + Add Account
- Select Forward to Deskero mail account from the drop down menu and click to create a New mail account
- Enter the data for your new account
- Account Name: Give a name for the new account Ex: Deskero Customer Care
- Forward your emails to: Copy the “Forward-to” email address generated by Deskero and provided in this box and paste it in your own mail server configuration.
- Import attachments: Check the option Import attachments to import files attached from customer emails
- Ticket properties: All the emails from the configured address will be categorized under this Type, Area and Group.
- Make sure to specify Agent or Agent group whom you want the tickets to be assigned to.
- Click Confirm to save the settings
Done! You have added a mail account to import emails. Now you need to configure your own email software with the address given in the “Forward-to” box.
Take a look at this article for information on how to forward emails from your Gmail account.
- Deskero supports Email piping. Customers receive notification for every email they can reply using the same email thread.
- The headers that we handle from the originating mail server are:
- Choose an admin group or an agent Under Assigned to.
- Make sure you copy the entire email address generated by Deskero and configure it in your email settings.