58 Views Assigning and Forwarding Tickets
Deskero helps you organize tickets based on assignment rules that you configure. Tickets can also be manually forwarded or assigned with a mouse click when required.
An agent to whom the ticket is assigned will be responsible for the ticket until it is resolved or closed. He can reassign the ticket at any time in order to get it solved.
Using the Forward ticket feature, tickets can be forwarded or re-assigned to support agents. If you want to forward a ticket or send a copy of the ticket to external contacts, you can use the option Forward to an external email.
How do I forward or reassign a ticket?
Agents can reassign tickets assigned to them or forward tickets to which they have access.
To forward or reassign a tikcet:
- Find the ticket that you want to reassign or forward
- Click on the button Actions
- Then click Forward ticket
- Select the agent to whom you want to assign the ticket and add a note which can be viewed internally
- Click Confirm
- Agents can reassign any ticket that is assigned to them
- Agents who have permission on every ticket can reassign a ticket for themselves or forward to another agent
- Tickets from Not assigned queue can also be forwarded or reassigned
- An agent who wants to forward/reassign a ticket can change the current agent (assignee) as an additional agent by checking the option "Add current agent to CC field"
Adding additional agents to a ticket manually
Deskero lets you add additional agents to a ticket using the CC option on Ticket edit page or via Assignment rules.
How do I add an additional customer to a ticket using the Customer CC option?
Deskero lets you send a copy of the ticket to any person who can follow up and receive agent's answers just like the original customer. The customer to whom you want to add in CC can be an existing customer or a new user whose details will automatically be added to your customer base.
For that, add new customer contact(s) into the CC field in this format: Richard Roe (email@example.com) while replying to the actual customer. The system will add the contact to database and forward the ticket.
Using the Forward ticket feature, tickets can be forwarded or re-assigned to support agents. If you want to send a copy of the ticket to external contacts, you can use the option Forward to an external email.
Forwarding a ticket to an external contact
Deskero lets you forward tickets to an external contact. This helps you send a copy of the ticket to someone outside your customer base, e.g., courier partner. The third party to whom you want send the copy can add comments to the ticket, but he will not receive agent responses.
To send a copy,
- Find the ticket that you want to forward
- Click on the button Actions and hit "Forward ticket"
- Enter the contact to which you want to send a copy and add a note which can be read by agents (and himself through email)
- Click Confirm
- Response added by the external contact will automatically be added to the ticket thread
- Both customers and agents will receive an email when the external contact replies to it
- Customer and agent responses will not be sent to the external contact for secutiry reasons
- You can see a list of email addresses under the ticket subject